Saturday, March 13, 2010

The benefits of contributing

At Thursday's meeting, I announced an incentive to encourage my brothers and sisters of the briar to contribute to this humble blog. Between now and the next meeting of The Ozark Pipe Smokers, contributors will be entered into a drawing for an unopened pouch of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed.
There is a slight catch. I will consider posts from anyone, be they club members, attendees or those whom I have never met, but to claim the prize, you have to be in attendance at the next meeting. Those writing can receive one entry for each week that they contribute to the blog for a maximum four entries. I reserve the right to accept or reject any entry, but I am not a man to deny aspiring writers. Topics can be on almost anything, so long as there is at least a passing connection to pipe smoking. Please keep it clean and have fun. A few suggestions for topics: Advice for new smokers, your own experiences with the pipe, funny anecdotes about the hobby, random thoughts you had while smoking (tobacco only, please).
You can submit stories via email (contact me for an email address). Club members can also request to be added to the list of contributors allowed direct access for posting blog entries.
Good luck to all of you. I can't wait to see what you add.

No comments:

Post a Comment