Sunday, April 4, 2010

TOPS real next meeting

Hopefully the Easter ham is helping you all forget the pain of learning TOPS was becoming a "top" club and the further pains of realizing you fell for an April Fool's joke. I could tell you that I regret doing that to you all, that I hate myself for putting you through it. That would be a lie, but I could tell you that.
So Thursday, April 8, The Ozark Pipe Smokers will definitely be smoking and shooting the bull at Romeo's. There's just a few things to remember before you show up.
I don't want to alarm anyone, but this is the last week (and not even a full week) to get your blog entries in and earn entry into the raffle for one unopened pouch of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed. You can tell from the entries that your chances are still good, and this classic tobacco is no longer available in stores. Don't miss out.
Aside from our normal discussions of fly fishing and how much we need to plan a pipe smoker's day out (and yes, we really need to), we will be talking some time during Thursday's meeting to discuss pipe packing techniques. Hopefully there will be some methods that will be new for everyone.
The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. and continues until the cool kids go home. You don't have to be a member to join, so join us and bring your pipes. 

1 comment:

  1. Darn You Tom! I threw out all my pipes and started buying Tops instead. Now I find out it was all an April Fools joke????? (hand smacks forehead) Hopefully I can find something to puff on at the gathering.

    ReplyDelete